Terms and Conditions
|Terms and Conditions
- Prices are per room per night and include Full English breakfast and all taxes.
- We accept bookings by on-line booking through our secure website, or by phone. All bookings are confirmed by us by e- mail or by letter. Bookings must be secured by a credit or debit card. We take most varieties except American Express (sorry). We will validate your card, but we do not deduct an up-front deposit except for bookings over £1000, when we charge 50%.
Where you cannot secure by debit or credit card, we will take a 50% deposit by cheque or bankers draft.
We do reserve the right to refuse bookings. This can occur occasionally, for instance in the case of an unforeseen closure to a room.
- Sorry, we don't accept stag or hen nights. Nor do we cater for children under 10 unless by prior arrangement. Dogs can stay in their owners' cars, and we will happily supply water, but I'm afraid we don't allow them in the hotel, except in our ground floor bedroom at a charge of £10. Children can also stay in our ground floor bedroom if notified beforehand.
- Please note that alcohol is not permitted to be brought into the bedrooms, except by prior arrangement. We will charge corkage at £15 per bottle if alcohol is consumed without permission.
- If you cancel your reservation 5 days before the date of arrival, no charge will be taken from your credit card. We take date of arrival from midnight on the day before. That means, for example, if you have a booking which starts on Saturday , you need to cancel by midnight on the Monday. If you think you might need to cancel, please check your travel insurance. We always make a charge, I'm afraid, within the cancellation period, as we have in effect lost that revenue. Please note that, even if you have a long stay where some of the days are outside the 5 day period, we will still charge for the entire stay.
- Bookings made before May 2012: If the cancellation is after the 5-day period, then 50% of the total reservation amount is taken, unless a different percentage is specified in your confirmation letter, such as for Goodwood dates, when 100% is due. If cancellation is within 24 hours of 4 p.m. on the date of arrival, then 100% of the room fee is charged.
- Bookings made after 1st June 2012: Sorry, but due to the high rate of cancellations, we are changing our cancellation policy. If the cancellation is after the 5 day period specified above, i.e. less than 5 days before midnight on the date prior to arrival, then 100% of the total fee will be charged.
- Please also note all cancellations or modifications must be made in writing, either by fax or email. Cancellations over the phone will not be accepted.
Modifications to bookings on the same dates are permitted where they do not reduce the original booking total charge. If a reduction is required less than 5 days before arrival, then up to 100% of the lost room revenue will be charged.
- Check in time is any time after 16:00pm, and by 23.00 p.m. latest. If guests arrive before, we can offer to hold luggage at the hotel, and you can rest in the guest lounge. Check out time on the date of departure is 11:00am. Late departures can be permitted by arrangement, provided another guest booking is not required for the room. Equally, we can hold luggage after 11:00am until 4 p.m. on the date of departure.
- Your booking is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- We do not accept liability for any omissions or errors and reserve the right at any time to change information published on the site.
- Any complaint about the booking service must be notified to Burpham Country House in writing or by email as soon as possible.
Any complaint regarding the hotel must be brought to the attention of the hotel management as early as possible during your stay and, if not resolved to your satisfaction, should be notified in writing. We reserve the right to change your booking to an equivalent or upgraded room, should your specified room become unavailable. All property and valuables remain your responsibility whilst in the hotel.
- You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. All bookings are personal to you and may not be sold, assigned or otherwise transferred.
- We do need to collect identity information from foreign visitors,and you should ensure that you can fulfil our legal requirements by producing such information where required.
- Personal information collected from you is used to fulfil your request for services or to send you confirmation details and if necessary to inform you of updates or changes to your travel plans. We will also send you an initial newsletter from which you may unsubscribe.
- We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to ensure the privacy of the information provided to us and at no time are your debit/credit card details transmitted unencrypted over the Internet.
- We do not modify, copy, distribute, license, sell or redistribute any of your personal file information.